A look at the richest people living in, or connected to the Strathclyde area.
Every year the Sunday Times publishes The Rich List, highlighting the UK’s richest 1,000 people.
Strathclyde Business News has highlighted the 31 people based in, or with a strong connection to Glasgow and the surrounding areas.
1. Jim McColl (£1,060m)
The Scottish businessman purchased 29.9% of Clyde Blowers in 1992, transforming the firm into a company worth £1.7bn. McColl’s stake is estimated at just over £1bn.
2. Alastair Salvesen and family (£1,000m)
Alastair Salvesen is a scion of the Salvesen shipping company, taken over by transport group Norbert Dentressangle in 2007. The family owns a 20% stake in Glasgow-based plant hire firm, Aggreko.
3. Sir Arnold Clark and family (£675m)
Owners of Scotland’s biggest car dealer, which last year celebrated its 60th year in business.
4. Sir Tom Hunter (£529m) – Sports Direct, The Hunter Foundation, Social Bite
5. Jim and Fitri Hay (£300m) – JMH Group
6. Lord Haughey and family (£260m) – City Refrigeration
7. Eric Herd and family (£210m) – Farmfoods
8. The Duke of Buccleuch and family (£198m) – Art collector
9. Robin Barr and family (£197m) – AG Barr
10. Duncan Bannatyne (£187m) – Bannatyne Group
11. Alexander and Alan Turner (£185m) – Turner & Co
12. Sir John Mactaggart and family (£160m) – Mactaggart Heritable
13. Colin and Chris Weir (£157m) – EuroMillions winners
14. Bruce Mickel and family (£138m) – Mactaggart & Mickel
15. Douglas Park and family (£132m) – Park’s of Hamilton
16. Hugh Irvine and family (£125m) – Cheesemaker, Seriously Strong cheddar
17. Alan and Ronnie Bartlett (£120m) – Vegetable traders
18. The Marquess of Bute (£117m) – F1 driver, art trader
19. Lennie and Iain McGeoch (£106m) – Founded Mackays Stores
20= Douglas and Iain Anderson (£105m) – GAP Holdings
20= Neil McNicol and family (£105m) – McCurrach
22. Donald Munro and family (£101m) – Munro Group
23. Sandy Bulloch and family (£100m) – Loch Lomond Distillers
24= Stefan King and family (£85m) – G1 Group
24= John and James Pirrie (£85m) – Nevis Group
26= Gordon Bonnyman (£80m) – Charterhouse Capital
26= Robert Wiseman and family (£80m) – Robert Wiseman Dairies
28= Leonard Russell and family (£75m) – Ian Macleod Distillers
28= Boyd Tunnock and family (£75m) – Tunnock’s
30. Calvin Harris (£70m) – DJ
31. Colin Montgomerie (£35m) – Golfer