Andrew is responsible for the design output of Brown + Brown Architects, and has been responsible for the steady growth of the practice since its inception in 2010. He has been the project director on several award winning projects, in addition to contributing work regularly to magazines in numerous countries.
Selected business awards:
– Scottish Design Awards 2016
– Best Architecture Firm in Scotland – Sustainable Building Awards 2016
– Aberdeen Society of Architects Award 2016
– Best Contemporary Architecture Firm, North-East Scotland – Architecture Awards 2016
– Homebuilding & Renovating Award 2016 (shortlisted – pending
– Structural Timber Awards 2016 – Project of the Year (shortlisted – pending)
– Brown + Brown Architects were named as the 22nd best Architecture Practice in Scotland by Urban Realm magazine, 2013
Andrew was project director on the recently completed Portsoy Boatbuilding Centre project, where due to the charitable status of the client, and their requirement for match funding in order to sustain public funding, he volunteered a large part of his time (to the value of £25k) to help the project, as he believes strongly in their cause (teaching traditional skills to local schoolchildren).
Until recently Andrew was a lecturer at the Scott Sutherland School of Architecture, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. Whilst there he was responsible for the delivery of the ACES project, which is aimed at increasing the representation of students from MD20 (most-deprived 20% in Scotland) in creative fields.