Subscribe to our daily newsletter to get stories like this delivered directly to your inbox
- Are you looking to further expand your business in London or overseas?
- Are you looking for new opportunities in new markets for your product or service?
- Are you considering taking on board your first customer outside Scotland?
- Is your current home market saturated and you're looking for new opportunities further afield?
If these questions ring true for you then make sure you make it along to events scheduled for Scottish International Week 2018 #SIW18.
What is the purpose of SIW18 ?
To support Scottish based companies to scale across the UK and Internationally, through the delivery of peer lead events. Registered attendees include business leaders, directors, founders, investors and entrepreneurs.
Who will be speaking at SIW18 ?
Our speakers come from a range of backgrounds all offer something unique. The goal of each talk is to ensure that you leave with an insight which can be turned into immediate action for your business. We are delighted to welcome a number of international speakers from countries including USA, UAE, Pakistan, Australia, Hong Kong and Sweden.
A full list of speakers can be found here.
We are delighted to welcome Ivan McKee, Minister for Trade, Investment and Innovation in the Scottish Government; David Watt, Executive Director IoD Scotland and Stefan Pryor, Secretary of Trade for Rhode Island as keynote speakers for our launch event on Monday 17th at the IoD offices at 10 Charlotte Square.
Where and when are the events?
Events are being held across Scotland throughout the week of September 17th through 21st. Events take the format of talks by leading business figures, panel discussions and provide the opportunities to meet with the very people who can help you succeed.
The full listing of all events can be found here. All events are free to attend and open to all.
Why should I attend SIW18 events?
- To learn why “Scottish” is a competitive advantage when working internationally.
- Pick up new leads and opportunities in markets that you may not as yet be present in.
- Hear how to crack key markets including London, Hong Kong, New York and Dubai from those who have alrready done it.
- Secure an insight into what drives true success when going global.
- Understand that breadth of finance export support options available to you.
- Learn how to select, engage and succeed with local in-country partners
Who is delivering SIW18?